Find the answer to your Linux question:
My Linux install is setup as swap/root/home on my master hard drive and on my slave drive has music on an ntfs partition. Anyway, (as root) copied the music files ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] can't find files

My Linux install is setup as swap/root/home on my master hard drive and on my slave drive has music on an ntfs partition. Anyway, (as root) copied the music files to my /home partition but halfway through the transfer it stopped "Disk Full". To my horror the files have been copied to my /root partition but I can't see the 'music' file to enable me to delete it.

I have tried to find the music files via the terminal and through the 'root file manager' window but nothing shows. Any help pleeeease?

Which Linux distor are you using?

Press Alt+F2 and type this
    Code:
    gksu nautilus
    Check if Nautilus pops up. It will allow you to delete files anywhere in your / partition. Do not delete/edit any other file.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks casper but unfortunately my system became unusable and I had to re-install the operating system which is ok except now I have another problem which I will ask about in a new thread.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Okk ! As you know, you can gain root privileges in Terminal using sudo but for Graphical applications, use gksu only.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thank you for your help....had to re-install but thanks for the info!!!!!!!!