Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Wow you lucky people. We are only just getting some wifi hotspots in libraries and they are not great. I am more fortunate than most because I live in Sydney ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Wink

Wow you lucky people. We are only just getting some wifi hotspots in libraries and they are not great. I am more fortunate than most because I live in Sydney , the biggest city in Australia ain't that sad!!!
    Ah ok well I will have to get him to go to a really reliable hotspot. I know that he will want me there so I hope I don't get bored with all the questions while we wait . He drives me nuts! Ah well trying to infect everyone with the Linux bug he he. Thanks will report back when I get this done. Knowing him it will take a while before he sits down o do it as he is one of those people that wants but take him time to do.

Book mark or write down that How to Forge Link i gave you for installing and using wubi. Then you can pull it up on one the library computer or on his Vista HTC and read it while downloading and installing. Its a good reference point for beginning. Also that blog spot, or heck, just bookmark/write down this thread link for future reference. It has all the info you need to answer questions while waiting.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    Yes I know what you mean but if I am at a hotspot I won't be on this machine. I will be on my little Eee pc. I will just have to log into this forum again before I go an revise whatever info. I have far too many notes hanging around and it will just get lost plus my memory is crap. Thanks though!

Linux Newbie
    Hi we are giving it a go now but stupid windows is coming up with all sorts of blocks. Firewalls, antivirus and now I think we have a power issue. I selected 'never' so that the hard drive or system would not turn off as this keeps happening. Or maybe it is sleeping. I don't know Vista very well but it seems it is ****. Anyway we have put a desk fan near it as the battery in the machine seems to be very hot. The weather here is very hot and humid right now. Well anyway if this time round it fails I will get him to go home and try it there as it is a 2 hour download according to windows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2