Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, I have been communicating on My linux embedded board(Running linux-arm). I have been using gadget-serial driver for transferring and receiving data from the WINDOWS machine running some application. Now ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy gs_setup: unknown request

hi,
    I have been communicating on My linux embedded board(Running linux-arm).
    I have been using gadget-serial driver for transferring and receiving data from the WINDOWS machine running some application.

Now when the linux -arm port does not have some data and windows API tries to access the Linux serial port for that data,i get the following log on LInux side board.:

gs_setup: unknown standard request, type=02, request=01, value=0000, index=0082, length=0
    s3c_ep0_setup: --> ERROR: gadget setup FAILED (stalling), setup returned -95
    gs_setup: unknown standard request, type=02, request=01, value=0000, index=0082, length=0
    s3c_ep0_setup: --> ERROR: gadget setup FAILED (stalling), setup returned -95

This log hinders further communication.Can you please tell some solution for this.

Please its very urgent.
    Thanks
    Ashutosh sethi.

Just Joined!
    Hi Ashutosh,

gs_setup returns the size of the data sent to the host, or a negative error number. As it dosent has any data that's why it returns negitave number