Find the answer to your Linux question:
i'm looking for a distro that has the linux 2.6.27 kernel or better. i've looked around online but haven't found any real answers to which distros currently have these particular ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] distro selection

i'm looking for a distro that has the linux 2.6.27 kernel or better. i've looked around online but haven't found any real answers to which distros currently have these particular kernels. my only other option was to go one by one and dig until i found them. i am using a dell inspiron 1521 with broadcom wireless card and amd turion 64x2. the wireless card is the reason i seek 2.6.27 or newer. i'm still pretty new to linux but am willing to learn a bit more complex distro if needed. i'm currently using Ubuntu 8.10 and was previously using LinuxMint 6. any direction or suggestion anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

thanky you in advance!

Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    ok, i'm looking at it right now. thank you for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor View Post
    i'm looking for a distro that has the linux 2.6.27 kernel or better. i've looked around online but haven't found any real answers to which distros currently have these particular kernels.
    DistroWatch has a breakdown of kernel versions as well as several other popular pieces of software, with historical listings for most distributions. I would look there first.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Check the distro listing at DistroWatch.com because their list tells what kernel each release of each distribution uses by default.
    oz

Just Joined!
    i've looked at distrowatch before, must have missed that part of it. thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor View Post
    i've looked at distrowatch before, must have missed that part of it. thank you!
    The table is part of the individual distribution pages. You can see them by clicking on the name of the distro on the table on the right hand side of the front page, or searching for a particular distribution.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    ah, i see says the blind man!

Just Joined!
    wait.. can't find kernel versions on the table... maybe this blind man only thought he could see...

Just Joined!
    haha found it! makes things MUCH easier! thank you