Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I have installed giFToxic and the daemon but an error box appears saying 'error-the giFT daemoin was started but could not be connected to' Does anyone have any suggestions? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

unable to connect to giFT daemon

Hi I have installed giFToxic and the daemon but an error box appears saying 'error-the giFT daemoin was started but could not be connected to'

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    By the way I am a Linux novice (infact a computer novice) so please try and keep responses simple!
    Thanks Emily x

Linux Engineer
    giFToxic is evil and hard to configure (i've only gotten it to work *once*)... with the giFT daemon you may have to do a little bit of manual configuration... also, you need to install the plugins for the networks you want to access (OpenFT, FastTrack, Gnutella)... you then have to put those plugins in /etc/giftd.conf .... they *are* case-sensitive and need to be typed just like i did in this message... then you should be able to start the daemon and access it via giFTcurs (it's a console-based giFT client... pretty easy to use.. tab, enter, and 'd' will get you through most of it.)
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Just Joined!

thanks

I'll have a go...