Find the answer to your Linux question:
I hope someone can help me out in this. After much deliberation, I have successfully convinced a neighborhood school (which is running 300 computers) to migrate from windows to Linux. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Migrating from Windows to Linux... a VB problem

I hope someone can help me out in this. After much deliberation, I have successfully convinced a neighborhood school (which is running 300 computers) to migrate from windows to Linux. They are pretty excited about the whole idea. But the problem is they have VB in their course curriculum and they cannot just drop that subject. Is there any way we can program VB while running Linux. I have heard about Whine and Crossover which lets you run windows apps on Linux but can it really run VB???

Is there any other alternative than dual booting...bcoz dual boot just kills the whole purpose. More often than not ..you are using Windows than Linux (M$ has us hooked ..u know)

I would really appreciate any suggestions in this regard.

Thanks

What version of VB? If the .NET version is used, check out dotgnu.org and go-mono.com. They might have something interesting for you.

If not, there are some projects that are avalible (but the quality can be discussed ).

Here are one I just found:

http://www.gnome.org/gb/

Just Joined!

Crossover Problem

i checked out the link...trying to figure out if it solves my problem. ah..the version of VB is VB6.
    thanks for the help

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close