Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a CentOS server. What is the best way to backup/image this thing in case of disaster (fire/flood/etc) I know I could use a backup prog. - time consuming. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Backup/Imaging

I have a CentOS server. What is the best way to backup/image this thing in case of disaster (fire/flood/etc) I know I could use a backup prog. - time consuming. Say the server was stolen. The only way an image would work is if I have a new setup w/ the exact HDDs and very similar chipsets/components. A regular backup means that I could use a different HDD config. but still the other hardware must be similar, and i'm forced to reinstall the OS (longer than imaging). Any suggestions? Thanks, Loy.

I like sbackup a lot, scheduled backups are a breeze and they just put them in a tarball file. Why do you want an image file over just a backup to either a server or a cdrw?
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Try PartImage. It create bootable image of partitions and really easy to use. I never had any problem with it.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close