Find the answer to your Linux question:
...A touch-screen computer? :3 (hi there, by the way; first post) I've been considering getting one of the beautiful new touch-screen computers, lately, and I was wondering what the perfect ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question The perfect linux distro for...

...A touch-screen computer? :3 (hi there, by the way; first post)

I've been considering getting one of the beautiful new touch-screen computers, lately, and I was wondering what the perfect Distro//tweaks//programs would be for something like it. My favorite pick on the lower end of the price scale so far was The MSI Wind Top AE1900-10SUS or something similar. If someone knows of a better deal, I'll certainly take it up! Thanks in advance!

Note: I'm somewhat new to linux; I've been using it for about a year, and I'm still perfectly open to screw ups and "Oh god what did I do"s...not that it scares me off things! I've worked with Hardy and Intrepid Ubuntu and Mepis 8. I seem to like KDE a lot better than Gnome. Something with a lovely graphical interface would be nice to boot, and it would tick off my older sibling (who runs on slackware and berates my pretty shiny buttons and icons all the time. ) in a very satisfying manner.

Howdy and welcome HarriedGlances. As far as I know any Linux Distro will do as long as you load the required touchscreen drivers/modules. Here is a link of some Linux Laptops with Touchscreen. I know some of em are old but oh well

TuxMobil: Touchscreen Laptops and Notebooks with Linux
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

This one is coming out real soon

Always Innovating: Introducing the Touch Book
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home