Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone. So lets say I have a file image.png - a graph. I want to print this graph. So far I have tried: lpr -o landscape image.png - this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Printing a Landscape Image

Hey everyone.
    So lets say I have a file image.png - a graph. I want to print this graph.

So far I have tried:
    lpr -o landscape image.png - this works, but prints the graph on two pages with each half of the graph almost centered in each page...
    convert -resize 80% image.png image_t.png; lpr -o landscape image_t.png - this works, but the quality after resizing is very poor.

Long story short - can I print an image that *should* fit on one single page from the command line - and 'force' it to one page if necessary? Do I need to be looking at postcript? Can lpr do this natively?

For completely maintaining the full printing quality, I think you will have to into gs.

But if it is only about that pixel image, try playing around with different filters for convert.
    -filter cubic
    -filter triangle (especially good for technical drawings)
    -filter bicubic
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check out convert and see whats up.

do you know of the best way to 'force' the image to be one size? I want lpr to basically keep the image into 1 page.

Firefox so far has been my best option for printing - but its not scriptable.