Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need help deciding which distro of linux to use. So far i have tried: Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, OpenSUSE. I am very expirenced with linux and i know the terminal ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Choosing My Linux Distro

I need help deciding which distro of linux to use.

So far i have tried: Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, OpenSUSE.

I am very expirenced with linux and i know the terminal like the back of my hand!

I am able to fix 99% of problems my self and don't struggle to get any distro to work with my hardware ( So Far ).

I took a Linux Dist Chooser test at zegenie studios and it came out with Slackware and Gentoo as the best match for me.

I don't just use my computer for browsing the internet and checking emails, i am actually a web application programmer and a linux server technition. Out of the OS's i have tried i seem to prefer Fedora.

I would like help in deciding which would be best for me, Slackware or gentoo or any other distro you would like to suggest for me to give a go.

No offense, but I cannot help but only laugh on hearing this.

With kind of experience and expertise you have you should concentrate more on assisting us newbies with our problems than asking stupid (for your level of skill, yes it IS stupid) question like 'which distro for me?'.

Frankly, I would suggest (or request) you to multiboot your pc with all the above distros and start helping us.
    A candle looses nothing by lighting other candles. - Khalil Zibran.
    Registered Linux User #490076

Quote Originally Posted by liammarksmith View Post
    I need help deciding which distro of linux to use.

So far i have tried: Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, OpenSUSE.

I am very expirenced with linux and i know the terminal like the back of my hand!

I am able to fix 99% of problems my self and don't struggle to get any distro to work with my hardware ( So Far ).

I took a Linux Dist Chooser test at zegenie studios and it came out with Slackware and Gentoo as the best match for me.

I don't just use my computer for browsing the internet and checking emails, i am actually a web application programmer and a linux server technition. Out of the OS's i have tried i seem to prefer Fedora.

I would like help in deciding which would be best for me, Slackware or gentoo or any other distro you would like to suggest for me to give a go.
    If you are as knowledgeable about Linux as you claim, you should be able to figure this out on your own. Even if you aren't, we really can't tell you what's best for you; only YOU can determine that. You've got the right idea trying out several different versions. Keep it up. Happy hunting.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants