Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm not sure if this is a Linux issue or a web browser issue? I suspect the latter. When I access one of my (web based) email account via Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oxf
    Linux Newbie

Anyone else noticed this with Firefox?

I'm not sure if this is a Linux issue or a web browser issue? I suspect the latter.

When I access one of my (web based) email account via Windows everything there
    (windows explorer)

However, if I go in through Linux (Firefox) there are a few things missing, e.g. the bar that enables me to switch fonts and colours etc. Everything else about the web page is there and functions normally.

I havnt had the time to try other web browsers in Linux yet but I wondering if other people expereince similar things?

Linux User
    I have run into that with one of my webmail accounts. It is probably optimized for IE. There used to be a way for firefox to identify itself as IE, but a quick search through the toolbar didn't allow me to find it.
    Registered Linux User #420832

It's a feature in IE, but it's a bug in Firefox and other compliant browsers.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I see it fairly regularly. I think it is a design flaw in their threading model, locking on some network access functions. I haven't gotten into the code to see exactly what is going on, but I think that's what's up in general terms.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Javascript?

I get that problem when I use FireFox on Knoppix live-cd's. I would suggest making sure that javascript is turned on and, if "no-script" is running (logo looks like a crossed out 's' or snake), then change its options (by clicking somewhere near the bottom right corner of window) and select "Allow all..." for that particular site.

even i have faced this problem , but I think that firefox sometimes is not able to interpret the code . Best is to upgrade to the latest version
    Only if I could understand the man pages
    Registered Linux user #492640

Some Microsoft products like Exchange and Sharepoint are specifically tailored to IE. If you want the IE look and feel for these sites on Firefox, you can install IE Tab.

Banned
    Out of curiosity, if you wouldn't mind, which e-mail service is this?

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by nopycckn View Post
    Out of curiosity, if you wouldn't mind, which e-mail service is this?
    Hi,

Its excite.co.uk
    It's not that big of a deal as its not my favourite service and theres plenty of others around.