Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I'm writing an article on CSS font stacks that sort fonts available on different platforms into historical categories (visual characteristics) to help web designers build better font stacks. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question CSS font stack article

Hi! I'm writing an article on CSS font stacks that sort fonts available on different platforms into historical categories (visual characteristics) to help web designers build better font stacks.

link to article

I'd love your comments on the Linux part of it as I'm not very familiar with it. I might have mixed up some crucial information.

I also need your help! The final article will contain visual examples of the fonts in a few selected sizes, rendered in various browsers and on various platforms. What I need from you are screenshots of the nine HTML files on the adress below (I need shots of all the different boxes, so you'll need to scroll down a few times).

link to files

If anyone could spare some minutes to help me out, I'll be very grateful.
    My e-mail is link to email

Please forgive my below average english!

Best,

Frode

NB:
    Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links before I've posted 15 times. What do I do?

Just Joined!
    link to article (so far) frodehelland . com / css-font-stacks / font_stack_article . pdf

Just Joined!
    link to files: www . frodehelland . com / css-font-stacks
    my e-mail: frodefrodefrode [at] gmail . com

Just Joined!
    I guess the restrictions are there to prevent spam, which I fully understand. Please forgive me if I've acted disrespectful by posting the url's in this way.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by frodefrank View Post
    I guess the restrictions are there to prevent spam, which I fully understand. Please forgive me if I've acted disrespectful by posting the url's in this way.
    Not at all. The restriction is to keep, as you surmised, spammers from inundating us with links to various products that might elicit laughs, but are more likely to infect our systems with malware. Here are your links:
    BTW, I keep getting 404 errors on your web site.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Thank you Rubberman. That's very helpful.

404 errors? Where?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by frodefrank View Post
    Thank you Rubberman. That's very helpful.

404 errors? Where?
    I get 404 errors (page not found) trying to access http://www.frodehelland.com/css-font-stacks and http://www.frodehelland.com/css-font...ck_article.pdf

Just Joined!
    Those should be underlines, not hyphens!

Thanks. I just copied from your original post and removed the extra spaces and such. Here they are again, with the underscores:
    I checked, and it seems ok now.