Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi people I'm a programmer(I became recently).I know C++,PHP,Python and I'm going to learn XML,javascript(as you guessed,AJAX),and action script. I wanted to ask that which distribution is the best for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Linux for programmers

Hi people
    I'm a programmer(I became recently).I know C++,PHP,Python and I'm going to learn XML,javascript(as you guessed,AJAX),and action script.
    I wanted to ask that which distribution is the best for someone who wants to program in the languages above.And please introduce me one that includes all the softwares needed in this field,in its library(I mean that you are able to install it via apt-get or sth similar)because I don't have a fast internet to download them and they can't be found in my country's bazaars easily.
    thanks a lot

Any distro will do, but if I understand correctly you want the tools to be pre-installed, so you don't have to download them afterwards.
    Check out excelixis, it seems to have many tools pre-installed. It is based on the popular Xubuntu and comes with several development tools and environments (such as Eclipse, NetBeans, Lazarus, Apache web server, MySQL) pre-installed.

I also love its name!!! It means evolution in Greek (Εξέλιξις in ancient Greek-> Εξέλιξη in modern Greek).

Problem is that you have to download it using torrent. Is torrent an option for you?

Thank you for your answer but with my internet,downloding is not an option.I just can hope to find somewhere with a an ADSL.If I find,I'll download it.thank you very much.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I understood that it is 1.43 GB.With this size,even if I find an ADSL,I can't download it.
    So tell me does a fedora core have all the features mentioned?
    Because it is one of the distros(one of the few ones)that can be found in our bazaar.
    thanks again

The DVD version of Fedora 11 will probably give you the option to install programming tools during install,
    without requiring an Internet connection. The CD version does not.