Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have been trying for some time to get speech recognition to work on my slackintosh laptop i downloaded julius and htk but i cant seem to find any documentation ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

julius speech recognition

i have been trying for some time to get speech recognition to work on my slackintosh laptop i downloaded julius and htk but i cant seem to find any documentation for them does anybody know if this documentation exisits or if there is a good tutorial out there or if they know of a better open source speech recognition program. i have tried looking everywere for documentation

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by driechers View Post
    i have been trying for some time to get speech recognition to work on my slackintosh laptop i downloaded julius and htk but i cant seem to find any documentation for them does anybody know if this documentation exisits or if there is a good tutorial out there or if they know of a better open source speech recognition program. i have tried looking everywere for documentation

I'm sorry I don't know yet but I am extremely interested myself because speech recognition would also help my aunt who is nearly bind.
    So I hope you'll get a lot of posts so that there comes up also the solution.

have a nice day

computerophil

Just Joined!

Julius LVCSR Engine

Enter "speech recognition" or "Macs, Linux, codes and speech recognition " in the search box. The second string here is the thread you are looking for. The user name is "Handtomouth".

You will find a link to a Japanese site. You can download a tar.gz or a bin.tar.gz file there. The last one has PDF files attached. I just did, so I do not know if the Mac docs will be different to the Linux docs.

Best I can do for now. Good luck!

Just Joined!

Julius links

There is another link to a site that touts the Vista apps. Since Julius does it at 16kHz, it is on par to Windows. See also the Lobe headphone write up on that site.

The Julius site has links to support forums and advizes similar interaction to LinuxForums.