Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have very recently recieved the task of developing a test plan for my company's migration off of AIX application servers onto Linux which will emcompass multiple SAP applications. Without ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

AIX to Linux Migration

I have very recently recieved the task of developing a test plan for my company's migration off of AIX application servers onto Linux which will emcompass multiple SAP applications.

Without any prior knowledge or experience, I am looking to gain an understanding as to the degree of testing warranted by the process teams for such an upgrade ? Where should we be diligent with our testing versus where can we test more casually ?

Thanks

KVC

Just Joined!
    The usual testing applies. For the productive system perform at least one test migration as required by SAP. Get your key users to test the core functions of the respective system.

That said a SAP migration from AIX to Linux is nothing special. Give the target environment a good kicking prior to the migrations. It helps to install a dummy system to test storage, etc.

--
    zoltan