Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have had the worst purchasing experience with this company then I have ever had in all my online purchases. I ordered their latest OS over 45 days ago. Of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Anyone dealing with lycoris

I have had the worst purchasing experience with this company then I have ever had in all my online purchases.

I ordered their latest OS over 45 days ago. Of course it didn't take them any time at all to take the money. I know I am not the only one delayed and they have had bug issues, but the customer service I have gotten from this company is pathetic at best. They may have a good product, but because of my issues with customer support, I just want my money back so I can invest it in another distrobution.

I do believe that they will eventually send my product, but they are so short staffed and backlogged that they can't even hope to support their customers. I want to go with a distrobution that will treat me like a customer and not someone they can just walk all over.

The only time I could get them to respond to any emails/phone calls was to leave a message on their forums asking how I can get ahold of them. Eventually I got in contact with Rus from lycoris. Of course the only help that he could provide was for me to call the post office, even though they don't use tracking numbers to track their shipments. The post office can't track anything if the company doesn't use tracking numbers. They don't have the ability to look up individual statuses of order, and yet they tell me they can't cancel it because it has been sent out. I have received nothing but lies and run arounds from this company.

Now monitoring/approving all my posts on their forums because they say they are not positive, even though they are all accounts of true facts. Since lycoris owns those forums, they say they have that ability.

What else can I do? I am filing a fraud complaint with my bank and a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The only problem with me disputing the charges with my banks is that my bank is out the money instead of lycoris.

If you are thinking of going with lycoris, please contact me and I can send you copies of my email conversations with them.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I am sorry that you have had that experience. I know the person that started the company back when it was called Redmond Linux. I was hoping he would have better luck with it. I haven't used it myself because I always felt it was too expensive and I only knew him through somebody so I never felt comfortable enough to ask for a copy. I think if it finally arives you will like it there are a lot of innovated things like crossover office and his formatting is a little different too.
    Another route is to go online and go to Maximum PC online and tell your story to the Watchdog and they will investigate and usually come up with something to help.

Good Luck,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline
    I think if it finally arives you will like it there are a lot of innovated things like crossover office and his formatting is a little different too.
    Xandros has integrated Crossover Office, and it did it (AFAIK) before Lycoris. The thing that gets me about Lycoris is this (AI)2 thing they're marketing. For the life of me I can't figure out what it does, or even if it works...

One prop I do give Redmond Linux was that they put a Solitaire game in the installer. I think ALL installs should have this feature. :P
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    adrenaline,

Thanks for the idea I will try that. It is just really frustrates me, when I decide to support a linux distrobution, I have to deal with stuff like this from Lycoris. Thanks again for the idea.

Mike

I hope that works out for you. Let me know if does.

BTW: Caldara I think was the first disto that let you play games during the install. (that was before the big buy-out I don't think I need to mention)