Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, In the Firefox bookmarks menu theres an option for importing bookmarks. OK so far so good but if I want to import from my Windows partition where do I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oxf
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] Importing bookmarks into Firefox

Hi,

In the Firefox bookmarks menu theres an option for importing bookmarks. OK so far so good but if I want to import from my Windows partition where do I import from? i.e where do IE7 store the bookmarks? and more importantly can I import them frrom the Widows partition into my Linux partition/Firefox?

Thanks
    Mike

oz
    forum.guy
    I usually use the export function to create a backup file of all my bookmarks then put the backup file on a flash drive, or other external drive, then use the import function on any browser that I'm using to pull in those bookmarks. That said, I never run IE, so I'm not sure where its bookmarks are stored.
    oz

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    I usually use the export function to create a backup file of all my bookmarks then put the backup file on a flash drive, or other external drive, then use the import function on any browser that I'm using to pull in those bookmarks. That said, I never run IE, so I'm not sure where its bookmarks are stored.
    No I dont use it much any more. I just need to find where those book marks are stored. I was just poking around in windows having a look but cant find them so if anyone knows....?

Go to START->Run...

Type %appdata%

Then go to Mozilla->Firefox->Profiles->crazy letters/numbers.default (Mine for example looks like q6ktieaz.default)

Bookmarks are in there.

Whoops, you said IE7 bookmarks. I was thinking Firefox bookmarks in Windows. Hmm, not sure where those are.

I think IE7 bookmarks are just under Favorites in your user profile directory. Quick way Start->Run... type %userprofile%

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    OK many thanks thats it. I knew it had to be there somewhere. Shows how much I use IE these days!