Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys.... i am newbie to Linux. i have Linux as my course subject. and i am looking for material related to the course. please give me the links or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need these topics !!!

hey guys....
    i am newbie to Linux. i have Linux as my course subject.
    and i am looking for material related to the course.
    please give me the links or suggest some books where i found all the material.

here is the syllabus.....
    Introduction to LINUX and UNIX, Architecture of UNIX operating system, System Structure, User perspective, Essential tasks of system administrator, LINUX installation
    Booting and shutting down : Boot strapping /Booting/Boot Loaders (LILO, GRUB), booting single user mode, rebooting and shutting down
    System Management : Super user, choosing root password, system configuration, system directories & files, Performance analysis tools & processes

User management : Password files, managing user environment, adding user, removing user, login access, disabling user, account management utilities, managing groups, light weight directory access protocol.

File Management : Path names, mounting and unmounting files systems, file tree, file types, file attributes, configuring RAID devices,

Process management: components of a process, (PID, PPID, UID, EUID,) signals, send signals, (kill, killall), process states, nice and renice, monitor processes, (ps, top), runway processes

Adding a Disk : Disk interfaces, disk installation procedure, ext2 and ext3 file systems,FSCK(check and repair file systems), Adding a disk to linux

Devices and printer : serial standard, alternative connectors, hard and soft carriers, serial device files, software configuration for serial devices, configuration of hardware terminals, special character and terminal drivers, modems, common I/O ports multimedia devices(sound, video and DVD ), installing sound, network & other cards. Backup devices and media ,setting up backup using dump, restore.

System and Log files: logging policies, LINUX LOG files, LOGROTATE, SYSLOG, condensing log files to useful information

Kernal Administration: precautionary steps for modifying kernel, kernal adaptation, configuration methods, building a LINUX kernel

Thank You

Just Joined!
    is something wrong with the topic ?
    plz reply !!!!

Check this thread for Linux books.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Isn't there a text book specified for this course? Usually, the professor will also provide a "recommended reading" list with additional resources to the class, at least in my experience.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!