Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't know if anybody has had any luck using this Screenr - Create screencasts and screen recordings the easy way It basically captures whatever is on your screen. Video. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Twitter screenr

I don't know if anybody has had any luck using this

Screenr - Create screencasts and screen recordings the easy way

It basically captures whatever is on your screen. Video. pictures, screenshots. As a rolling video and allows you to publish yourself on your webpage or tweet on twitter.

I have tested it with My AntiX 8.2 and Ubuntu 8.04 LTS with Latest Java (Java j6u16) install. I can open it and record just fine. I click the Red done button which takes me to screen preview and publish page. The site says it is trying to go through the publish step. And just hangs.

I figure the site can't handle Linux. I know the site says "Got Windows or Mac"
    I guess they should say also "Got Linux, don't bother"

I tested it with just a short Video of my Ubuntu Desktop for 1min 27 sec
    I tested it in AntiX 8.2 with a Beat box video I made at [ INCREDIBOX ] presents [ THE INCREDIBLE POLO ]

Used Opera 10 and Firefox 3.5.2

Records just fine. But no joy with publish. Which looks like it is in screenr sites hands. Like I said. I searched a bit on the web. And didn't see any positive results for Linux.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 09-25-2009 at 07:02 PM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Its official. I emailed screenr developers and was informed that for now screenr is only ported for Windows and MacOS. That was why screenr won't publish for me. They are considering porting it to Linux. But I guess I am the only one who has asked a question about Linux and screenr. So the more that ask. The more they might consider it I guess.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    You can use VLC for screen recording, and use other tool to add the audio. Not the easiest way, but with a little patiente, will do the job
    EOF

For wenpages.Firefox addons record ok. I do know about VLC. Thanks for the suggestion. I was just testing a new app to see if it would work using Linux. I prefer web based apps as they are lighter on resources is all. Happy Trails, Rok
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Finally got screenr support for Linux. Used AntiX 8.2 to make below video

Screenr - @rokytnji: Beatbox video test
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home