Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to get a netbook for my work and would like to surf on the internet when I'm on public transports, but I don't know much about netbooks, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sony VAIO W Netbook?

I want to get a netbook for my work and would like to surf on the internet when I'm on public transports, but I don't know much about netbooks, I wonder if you guys could have any recommendations to me please? Which one should I choose? Sony? Samsung? Fujitsu? And where can I buy it for a good price?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Personally, I am boycotting Sony because of their egregious behavior regarding to a fundamental disrespect of their customers' rights and privacy. Also, their laptops are designed to maximize vendor (Sony) hardware lockin by making it very difficult to use non-sony add-ons.

There are a number of other good small laptops/netbooks out there, including Dell as well as the others you mention. I've always gone with Dell since they have good hardware warranty support and run Linux well on all of their systems.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Personally, I like Sony the most, go get it and compare the price Sony Laptops - Netbook: Compare Prices, Reviews & Buy Online @ Yahoo! Shopping[/url]
    Or, if you believe your luck, you can consider join the Lucky Draw competition and get the Sony W netbook here for totally FREE: DSstyles (dot) com Offering various selecion of iPhone 3G cases and accessories.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by febsampen View Post
    Personally, I like Sony the most, go get it and compare the price Sony Laptops - Netbook: Compare Prices, Reviews & Buy Online @ Yahoo! Shopping[/url]
    Or, if you believe your luck, you can consider join the Lucky Draw competition and get the Sony W netbook here for totally FREE: DSstyles (dot) com Offering various selecion of iPhone 3G cases and accessories.
    I never said they don't have good stuff, and can be found with decent prices, but their business practices with regard to DRM and continual installation of spyware type software on people's systems without permission is unforgivable. As for their notebooks/netbooks/laptops, they tend to add proprietary stuff (controllers, bios, etc) so as to make adding 3rd party hardware or using their hardware properly with FOSS software a big problem. In any case, as I have said many times in the past 5 or so years, Sony will never get another penny out of me until I am convinced that they have "changed their stripes", and so far they are doing just the opposite...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I've just read a review from gizmodo(dot)com and find a review on a very nice and elegant iPhone case there by dsstyles.com, they seem to have a xmas lucky draw promotion there too.