Find the answer to your Linux question:
Please tell me who is linux vendor? i know Redhat, Suse, Mandrake, Turbo Linux, Corel Linux... and more, they have their own Linux OS version, so are they really linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Who is Linux Vendor?

Please tell me who is linux vendor? i know Redhat, Suse, Mandrake, Turbo Linux, Corel Linux... and more, they have their own Linux OS version, so are they really linux vendors? or Linux Vendors are company that make their own version and sell computer installed linux OS? or...

I'm preparing for an essay about Linux OS, my topic is "different linux vendors"!! but i'm not really know what it be! And what to be talk about? I just think i must deal with the best of Linux OSs for Desktop, Server, Applicaton... and talk about vendors who is the best..!

This is my first essay! so i don't know how to do, or how to prepare for an essay! I only have five days to do that essay for 5-7 minutes! Someone help me? thanks!!!!!!!!!

Just Joined!
    The word vendor means, 'the seller'

So Im guessing a linux vendor would be a company, that sells linux, either on its own, (Red Hat) or installed on a machine (Dell)

Juts a guess though, dont write a completely wrong essay because of me

Just Joined!
    i think u should ask if u can change the word vendor to distrobutions
    which would make more sense as they are the ones that actually put them together and decide what to make part of it.

how many paragraphs will this essay be ?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    And Vendors Of Linux? they are companies, that only sell Linux installed on a machine, right? So RedHat is not a vendor of Linux... it's true?

-------Freak132 wrote: how many paragraphs will this essay be ?------
    Tell me how many paragraphs is enough for an essay 5-7 minutes

Just Joined!
    Wal-mart is a vendor than? Apparently they sell cheap computers with Mandrake-Linux preinstalled. Also, Monarch Computers Systems, i.e. www.monarchcomputer.com

That's my two cents.

Just Joined!
    no one actually sells linux, they sell distros. a distro is the kernel/linux (one and the same(read "just for fun"(a biography of linux/linus torvalds))) and the rest is just packaging. sure wal-mart sells PCs with lindows preinstalled and DELL will preinstall usu. redhat but they're actually selling the pcs.

as for the setup of the essay
    1st paragraph introduction
    -mention open source and the book just for fun by david diamond
    -mention that linus torvalds didn't create linux for any reason other than fun and testing the limits of his computer

2nd paragraph linux as a server

3rd paragraph linux as desktop

4th paragraph concuslion

check out this site
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/nonfiction/38b2/
    it sumarizes the book

Just Joined!
    make your thesis something about linux being a good desktop and server

-all uses of computers fit into catagory of client / server / piece of junk(rare - paperwieght, murder weapon, etc.)

Just Joined!
    My essay just is apart of a discussion about Linux, and my topic is about vendors of linux! There are many Topics: what's linux, history, Application area, furture of li... So i don't want to write more than my topic is

Now, I think Vendors of linux are the company that make Linux Populate around the word, contain comp package Linux (RedHat,Suse..) and comp
    sell machine (DELL)
    Do u know which vendors to talk about?