Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im looking for a list of available vendors that sell desktop (home use) computers that come with liinux pre-installed. Ive only had luck finding very out of date lists that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Vendors for desktop computers.

Im looking for a list of available vendors that sell desktop (home use) computers that come with liinux pre-installed. Ive only had luck finding very out of date lists that point to vendors that are advertising pentium II's and K6's.

The computer will be mainly used for internet, email, gaming, and other home uses. It has to be reasonably priced in comparison with the "other guys" computers.

I looked at Dell, but I really want a desktop in a normal mid-tower and they only have one of those micro-towers for sale with linux native.

THANKS!!

I found a list, but I did not check it.
    Linux Online - Vendors: Systems:esktops
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I'm thinking of starting a "Build a custom linux system" business. You tell me what capabilities you want, what (if any) linux distribution you want, whether you want a workstation, server, deskside, desktop, all-in-one and how much you have to spend. I send back a proposed system (or reject with suggested changes) with delivered cost and terms. You either accept and send a deposit or reject or modify the system parameters. I basically did that when I had my workstation built by a local white-box store and have been very happy with the results for 2 years now. However, in my situation I had to determine which distribution to use, install it, configure it, etc. For my proposed business all that would be done before the system is burnt in and delivered. I already have a business w/ US federal EIN and all that stuff so basically I can start this any time.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!