Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I tried to install Parted Magic on my Fedora 10 and was not quite successful. After I unzipped CD file, I was left with an ISO image and honestly, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Experience the Magic of Parted Magic.

Hi!

I tried to install Parted Magic on my Fedora 10 and was not quite successful. After I unzipped CD file, I was left with an ISO image and honestly, I do not know any more how to proceed from there. There is a folder that says boot and another one. Both seems not to be of any help in the installation. I might be doing it wrong.

Can someone please be so kind to guide me through please? Thank you!
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

oz
    forum.guy
    Experience the Magic of Partition Magic.
    I can't recommend running Partition Magic, but Parted Magic is a great little distribution and I do highly recommend it. The best way to run Parted Magic is directly from the liveCD (or liveUSB), as that is the way it was intended to be used. You can find good instructions for downloading it and burning it to disk, here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html
    oz

Hi Ozar,

First, I'm sorry for the confusion, I meant Parted Magic NOT Partition Magic. I was kinda disoriented because of the holiday rush here.

Second, thank you for the site. I have the Live CD already but I think I can get instructions there.

nujinini
    Linux User #489667

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    First, I'm sorry for the confusion, I meant Parted Magic NOT Partition Magic. I was kinda disoriented because of the holiday rush here.
    No problem... I've corrected the thread title for you.

Enjoy the magic!
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    No problem... I've corrected the thread title for you.

Thanks! Hehehe!

Actually I was about to ask you permission if the title can be changed to avoid further confusion.

nujinini
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Hello Guys!

I was able to open the Live CD of Parted Magic but have still to learn how to run it. I tried to join the forums but my application got stuck in the last few steps. I mean, when they wanted me to drag some pictures into a circle (to make sure I am not a machine ) I kept on doing it for so many times and nothing really happened so I just stopped.

Maybe somebody here in our forums have good experience running it. Any tip just to get me started would really be appreciated. Like, what are the things I can do, and perhaps tips on how to use it to perform different tasks.

Thanks a lot!
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    I was able to open the Live CD of Parted Magic but have still to learn how to run it.
    You need to burn it to disk, then boot with the liveCD to run it. It should run on its own directly from the live disk. There are help instructions on the disk itself, and additional documentation can be found here:

Documentation
    oz

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    You need to burn it to disk, then boot with the liveCD to run it. It should run on its own directly from the live disk. There are help instructions on the disk itself, and additional documentation can be found here:

Documentation
    Yes, I was able to run the Live CD. Cool! I think I have to read the additional documentation and help instructions more.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667