Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sorry if this isn't exactly related, but I need an EHD for backups. I want one that doesn't require any power (other than USB). Does anyone know of one (any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

External Hard Drive

Sorry if this isn't exactly related, but I need an EHD for backups. I want one that doesn't require any power (other than USB). Does anyone know of one (any capacity and any price, so I can get an idea of what the prices are). If you know of one can you pls post a link or something. Also, where you can buy them (if you know).
    Thanks

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I have an (outdated) Seagate Passport drive (120GB) that gets power from the USB port. Works fine with powered USB ports (not all have sufficient amperage, so the drive cable has two connectors in order to get enough power by plugging both into a USB port). As I said, this is an outdated device (I got it several years ago), so there have to be better solutions these days. How much backup storage space do you need?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

It depends on where you live.

Today, in usa at least, the best price/ratio is for Western Digital Passport 500GB, or the toshiba ones.

They are the small, that don't use power adaptors.

About 90 dollars.

Look for HDDR500E04XL on Amazon usa.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close