Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am Hopeing this is an Easy Q' for You Guys. I Am looking for a Very Small Version of Linux to Put on a Older Tangent Box. ( 1ghz ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lightbulb Small Linux - Network - Music

I am Hopeing this is an Easy Q' for You Guys.

I Am looking for a Very Small Version of Linux to Put on a Older Tangent Box.
    ( 1ghz Processor and 128MB Ram With x2 10GB HD's. )

Only Thing I require is Remote Access and the Ability to play Music.
    What i would like Is to Put all my (Legal) Music on This Machine That is Hooked to my Home Entertainment System. And Have the Ability to Access it Remotely from one of my Computers (Hopefully works With Windows) Through LAN.

I do not know much Bought Linux, But this Machine is Very Slow Running Win XP.
    And From What i understand Linux would be a Much Better OS for this Older Machine.

I have Tried Ubuntu, And a Few other Linux/Unix Programs But none of them will Start or Run well with Such lil Memory.

If anyone has Any Suggestions I would Much Appreciate it. Thank you

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Some of the lighter Linux distros include Puppy and Damn Small. Both are very popular with those that need such lightweight distributions.

A few other lightweights can be found here:

Mini Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope one of them will work for you.
    oz

I was just Now Reading a bought Damn Small, But i could not find any Information on its Compatibility to Windows Remote Desktop. Would you happen to know If anyone of these Are Compatible with Vista/ Win7 Remote Desktop? Or would i need a Special Program to make them Compatible?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close