Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded easychem last night and it is quite simple to operate... I can draw whatever chemical structures I want with ease. The problem arises when I try to put ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Using EasyChem?

I downloaded easychem last night and it is quite simple to operate... I can draw whatever chemical structures I want with ease. The problem arises when I try to put the molecules into an openoffice document... does anyone have any ideas about how to transfer these images?? I would really appreciate some help, I'm a new chemistry tutor and I'd like to give my students some notes with good drawings. Thanks in advance!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Without knowing in what format the software saves its images this is difficult to answer. If you want, you can capture the image from the desktop - Linux has a number of tools to do that, such as ksnapshot. On the other hand, if you want to capture the full resolution of the tool (most likely it is some scalable vector format, such as SVG), then knowing what it is is useful. Linux has tools to handle most any graphics image format.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Works like a charm!! Thanks for the help, I am very happy with how it works.