Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am in Mauritius and a Company namely "Linux Solutions Limited" has violated the GNU/GPL, by claiming Trade Secret and Copyright on works, Tools and configuration files for Linux and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GNU and GPL Violation

I am in Mauritius and a Company namely "Linux Solutions Limited" has violated the GNU/GPL, by claiming Trade Secret and Copyright on works, Tools and configuration files
    for Linux and Asterisk PBX VoiP which are both released under OPEN SOURCE.

As far as I know any works or part of work meant for Linux and Asterisk or any open Source is and should be governed under the same GNU and GPL

I wish to report this company to any organization controlling and regulating the GNU and GPL

regards

Alain
    e-mail:alainbastien(at)gmail.com

oz
    forum.guy
    You can check this link for info on reporting license violations:

Violations of the GNU Licenses - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by alainbastien View Post
    As far as I know any works or part of work meant for Linux and Asterisk or any open Source is and should be governed under the same GNU and GPL
    This is not true.
    It is only if you redistribute (modified or unmodified) software which is licensed to you under GPL that you must pass it along under the same license, along with the source code.

While licensing a software under the GPL makes it Free (as in speech) Software (and coincidentally also OpenSource), the contrary mustn't be the case. Not every OpenSource software uses a copyleft license like the GPL.

Quote Originally Posted by alainbastien View Post
    I wish to report this company to any organization controlling and regulating the GNU and GPL
    The GNU project (rather, the FSF) maintains the license text of the GPL. But it is only the actual copyright holder(s) of the particular software who can enforce them. Hence it is these people who should be contacted.
    Last edited by GNU-Fan; 01-19-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.

Just Joined!

GNU/GPL Violation

Mr Linus Torvalds created and developed Linux and gave it free

Mr Marc Spencer created and developed Asterisk and gave if free

I developed and wish to share under the same ideas

where is the problem?

What I did just saves hours of typing configuration files

Just Joined!
    The Berne Convention and Agreement has been instituted to protect Intellectual property internationally. The Owner and copyright holder does not need to file a case against any foreign violation or infringement. It is the duty of the Law enforcement and Court to take action when a breach is reported and proved.