Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am planning from moving from 7 to linux 4 eye candy and other stuff like boot times, what do u think is the best distro to settle with? Ubuntu ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Which linux distro should i go for?

I am planning from moving from 7 to linux 4 eye candy and other stuff like boot times, what do u think is the best distro to settle with? Ubuntu i dont like 4 some reason... so sugest some! (with reasons)!

Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedNoob View Post
    I am planning from moving from 7 to linux 4 eye candy and other stuff like boot times, what do u think is the best distro to settle with? Ubuntu i dont like 4 some reason... so sugest some! (with reasons)!
    Everyone is likely to have a different answer to this one, which is why we tend to lock these types of threads lest they degenerate into "post your favorite distro" and drag on forever.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...e-posting.html

Short answer: there is no universal "best" distro, because everyone's personal tastes vary. The top 10 on DistroWatch is always a good place to start, and most of the larger distributions have at least some amount of "eye candy" to them. I don't know that any match the eye candy of Windows 7 yet, but that's just my personal opinion. Happy hunting.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants