Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone tell me how I can reboot windows until I get my wireless settings sorted as the wife is going nuts as i am using the her laptop and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to re boot my windows?

Can anyone tell me how I can reboot windows until I get my wireless settings sorted as the wife is going nuts as i am using the her laptop and my laptop her laptop to communicate on this forum as I can not get on the internet now that I have installed openSuse 11.2

oz
    forum.guy
    If you installed Suse along side Windows as a dual-boot system, you should be able to choose Windows from the GRUB menu when you boot your system. If that's not working and you still have Windows installed, you can probably fix the bootloader with the SuperGRUB LiveCD:

Super Grub Disk Homepage
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What ozar said, unless you told Suse to use the entire disc when you installed it... If you did not, but Windows was using the entire disc, then grub may have tried to shrink the Windows partition (not certain of that, since I don't know exactly what you did when you installed Suse). So, when the system boots up, do you get a few seconds to hit some key to get into the Grub menu?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    It just asks me what I want to do (install, memory test, boot from hd etc

oz
    forum.guy
    You would need to choose the option that restores/installs the bootloader that you want to use, whether it be GRUB or the Windows bootloader. If you install the Windows bootloader, you won't be able to boot back into Linux, but if you choose GRUB, it should allow you to choose Linux or Windows if it is setup properly.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ludwigrockers
    It just asks me what I want to do (install, memory test, boot from hd etc
    Are you booting up from Installation Media? What does machine display on selecting Boot up from Hard disk?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First