Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi do you know a lightweight distro that can be installed on a usb drive and has Python PREINSTALLED? I want this distro because I want to boot into it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Any lightweight distro with preinstalled python?

Hi

do you know a lightweight distro that can be installed on a usb drive and has Python PREINSTALLED?

I want this distro because I want to boot into it from a USB drive on a very old laptop and do some Python programming on it...

any ideas?

Thanks alot!

I don't know of a lightweight distro with python preinstalled off the top of my head, though there probably is something, but there are a number of live distros that offer persistent USB installs.

To name three:
    Puppy Linux
    TinyCore
    Slitaz

SliTaz Handbook (en) - LiveUSB media
    SliTaz Handbook (en) - Development

oz
    forum.guy
    Don't know if it will help, but if you know what version of Python you want to use, you can go to the Search Page over at DistroWatch.com, drop down to the Package Search section and enter that Python version into the package search field and it will give you a listing of all the distros that use/used that package. You can then cull through the names of those distributions to find any that you might be interested in taking a closer look at.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close