Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all Has anyone come across an error message Message from syslogd-at-localhost at Date and Time localhost klogd: do_IRQ: 0.83 No irq handler for vector (irq -1) ? (ampersand not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

do_IRQ: 0.83 error

Hello all
    Has anyone come across an error message
    Message from syslogd-at-localhost at Date and Time
    localhost klogd: do_IRQ: 0.83 No irq handler for vector (irq -1) ?
    (ampersand not allowed, replaced by -at-)

I have just upgraded PCLinuxOS from 2009(KDE3.5) to 2010(KDE4.x) and I keep getting this message. No-one on the PCLos forums seems able to help.

The only errors or warnings in dmesg or /var/log/syslog are

Apr 23 15:57:27 localhost klogd: ACPI Warning: Incorrect checksum in table [OEMB] - 9D, should be 8E (20090903/tbutils-314)
    Apr 23 15:57:28 localhost klogd: Warning! ehci_hcd should always be loaded before uhci_hcd and ohci_hcd, not after
    Apr 23 15:57:46 localhost avahi-daemon[2541]: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!
    Apr 23 15:57:28 localhost klogd: ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_PR_.CPU1._PDC] (Node f6c0c180), AE_INVALID_TABLE_LENGTH
    Apr 23 15:57:28 localhost klogd: ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_PR_.CPU2._PDC] (Node f6c0c240), AE_INVALID_TABLE_LENGTH

I found one or two references to this on the web with an explanation that it was to do with the kernels Radeon DRM driver. This was then refuted by the same person who compiled a kernel without this driver and still received the error messages.
    Has anyone any idea what it means ? Should I be concerned about it ?
    TIA

Hi and Welcome !

Have you tried to disable acpi?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply
    If I type acpi -V in a terminal I get the reply
    No support for device type: power_supply
    No support for device type: power_supply
    No support for device type: thermal
    No support for device type: thermal

I followed your advice and switched off ACPI. So far, after a couple of hours running, I have not received the do_IRQ message.
    Hopefully this has sorted it out. If so, I will come back in a day or two and mark the thread solved.
    btw, system:
    Pentium 4 dual core 3GHz
    2Gb RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 7950 GT
    ASRock P4VM890 mobo

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Switching off ACPI did stop the do_IRQ error, but it would not shut down !
    Reboot was ok, but with shutdown the pc just sat there with the disk spinning
    until I pressed the power button.