Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ark, xarchiver, file-roller or unzip won't unzip these files, but oddly enough, even though I can't see the contents from these GUI applications, I can still browse them through konqueror. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

I can browse a zip archive through konqueror, but I can't extract it

Ark, xarchiver, file-roller or unzip won't unzip these files, but oddly enough, even though I can't see the contents from these GUI applications, I can still browse them through konqueror. I still can't open the files, though, I tried "cheating", copying/opening from this "folder emulation", but does not work as well.

I guess it has to do with some odd variation of a zip file, perhaps from mac, as there are people trying to open it from windows with no success as well. The author suggested "windows generic zip extractor", I tried to open the files via wine-explorer, but it didn't work.

These are the two files, they're quite small, and give the same sort of errors.

Comments Auto Notification 1.2

K2 Maps

7z output was:

Error: Can not open file as archive". Some GUI applications apparently are frontends for 7z, and they gave the same message.
    Unzip was more "verbose":

Archive: plg_k2maps_v111.zip
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of plg_k2maps_v111.zip or
    plg_k2maps_v111.zip.zip, and cannot find plg_k2maps_v111.zip.ZIP, period.
    It does not seem to be a multi-part archive, and I don't know what to do about it knowing that "end of central directory signature" wasn' t found.

When trying to simply open from konqueror as the content was just a regular file, it just says "could not read file zip:/[... file location]".

Any suggestions?

Linux Guru
    Downloaded and extracted fine for me. The file is likely being corrupted during download.

It has two files (config.xml and a .php) and a readme file:

Code:
    File Detail: Modifies Joomlla! K2, by Joomlaworks, to allow auto notification of posted comments.

Release Date: 23rd January 2010

Released by: Simon Wells, Supporting K2 & Joomla

Version: V1.1.1

Installation

In addition to the help file, there are two folders (administrator and components)

These folders each contain a series of sub folders and then 1 file each as per the list below.

NOTE: It is advisable to BACKUP!! the fllowing files as they will be overwritten.

/administrator/components/com_k2/config.xml

/components/com_k2/models/item.php

As these are modifications of core K2 files, they will be overwrittenm by future K2 releases, unless they become features by Joomlaworks.

1) Upload or extract the zip file to you Joomla installtion root folder.

2) Login to your site's administration and go to the K2 component.

3) Select parameters from the K2toolbar.

4) Scroll down to the Comments section and enter a valid email address to which you wish to be notified of new comments.

5) Save

6) Test functionality, but posting a comment on your site, this can be removed later within K2.

7) Check the email account specified in step 4.

Enjoy.

K2Joom.com

Change Log

V1.1 Jan 25th 2010 - Integrated auto notification code into K2 V2.2 item.php

V1.1.1 May 24th 2010 - Change to new domain only.