Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone. Today I looked for a way to hard link directories. I came to "mount --bind olddir newdir" to achieve what I wanted. Accidentally the "olddir" folder specified contained ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Undo mount action

Hello everyone.

Today I looked for a way to hard link directories. I came to "mount --bind olddir newdir" to achieve what I wanted. Accidentally the "olddir" folder specified contained some imported PHP files. After command execution the folder was empty.

What I'm looking for is recovering the files I've lost. I've used magicrescue to find deleted files, but it seems my files are not in deleted files.

That is why I thought that they are not actually deleted, but
    "hidden" somehow, and maybe un-mounting will show my files again.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Welcome to the forums!

It's impossible to hardlink a directory. You could softlink it, or mount the filesystem in two places.

And what you did was remount your olddir at newdir. Are you sure your files aren't in newdir?
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Just Joined!
    Hello, Freston!

And what you did was remount your olddir at newdir. Are you sure your files aren't in newdir?
    Yes, they do not exists in both directories. Now I'm sure that they are not in deleted files too, as after recovering of all deleted files I've found ones deleted months ago, but these files are not found.

Any other suggestions?