Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm interested in subscribing to a Linux magazine. Can anyone recommend some?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Linux Magazine

I'm interested in subscribing to a Linux magazine. Can anyone recommend some?
    The best things in life are free.

I'm fond of Linux User & Developer. It's a UK publication, and it comes with a CD or two every release of software, new Linux distros, etc. They cover topics I personally find interesting.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Xko
    Just Joined!
    Not sure whether you can get these in the USA but here in the UK i regularly by Linux Format & Linux Developer magazine.

Well worth a read a few times and the software on the mounted DVD's is always excellent!

edit: damn techiemoe you sure are quick!

Linux Engineer
    The one that I have seen that is most accessable to me is Linux Magazin, www.linux-magazine.com, it comes with a dvd every month that has alot of goodies, last months came with Suse 9.1, and this months comes with a dvd that has knoppix and many other live distros. Its really nice to get thier dvd compilations every month. I think that before recently the dvd issues were only available in Europe, but they have been recently made available to other places, at least that's how I think it works.

edit: damn, Xko you are quick also!!!

Xko
    Just Joined!
    lol - sometimes even the DVD on the cover is worth the asking price alone.

this month we (UK) got Mandrake 10.1 on the DVD accompanying Linux Format...

they also have a website www.linuxformat.co.uk (watch out for the ugly orange though! from where you can subscribe ~ not a plug - honest!

Linux User
    Those are great especially for the cover disks but a little expensive I always wait until they come out on the shelf then buy them if I like whats on the cover disks if you want a reasonably priced mag with great info you can not go wrong with Linux Journal the oldest Linux related magazine.
    Long live the revolution!
    Have a nice day.
    If you want real change vote Libertarian!

Linux Engineer
    Looks like linuxjournal will be my choice.

Linuxmagazine looks fine but I don't see an option for th U.S. Also, I find it a bit pricey even though I'm not paying for it,
    The best things in life are free.