Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking for a distro of Linux that I was shown from a LiveCD about 4-5 years ago, around 2005/2006. I have no idea what it was called, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    vbx
    Just Joined!

Help finding a specific Linux distro?

I am looking for a distro of Linux that I was shown from a LiveCD about 4-5 years ago, around 2005/2006. I have no idea what it was called, but Iím pretty sure it was KDE-based. The default background wallpaper was a very cool-looking high exposure shot of a highway or freeway. The boot screen was mostly text except for a Linux penguin in the top left corner of the screen, and all the text was multi-colored. I also remember that at the end of the current line of text it would show the characters | / ó and \ alternating in the same spot so it appeared as though one line was rotating. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Knoppix?
    And some filler
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

vbx
    Just Joined!
    Thanks very much for the speedy reply. I looked it up and it does look like what I remember. Thanks again!

Not sure why you want an old distro, but you might check out distrowatch.com and see if they still have a link to that 200 Knoppix. If not, they have lots of current alternatives to choose from.

Knoppix 3.9 was from June 2005, here is a link to download it. KNOPPIX 3.9

I'd suggest that you first try to use the current version of Knoppix (6.2) and if that works well then you can change it to look any way you want. The reason I say this is because all distros get better with each new release. Who knows, you might even like it
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.