Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I had a raid0 array (4x 1 To) made with mdadm. Everythings worked but one disk controller stopping working yesterday. When I tried to rebuild my array, strangly, one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] [mdadm] rescue superblock

Hi,

I had a raid0 array (4x 1 To) made with mdadm. Everythings worked but one disk controller stopping working yesterday.
    When I tried to rebuild my array, strangly, one of my disk was reconized as "spare disk".

I'm pretty sur that my data on disks are okay, and it's an ext4 partition on it.

The problem is, I searched on Google to find how to correct that, and a solution was to create again the array. Well I tried:
    Code:
    # mdadm --create -v -l 0 -n 4 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1 /dev/sdg1 /dev/sdh1

mdadm say me that drives was already on a array, I continue anyway... Well, md0 is now created... but I cannot mount my partition.
    (fsck don't find any ext partition on drive too)

Now I think that my superblock are overwritten on my disk... Is there anyway to rescue them ?
    Note: I cannot copy/past old informations about disks...

Just Joined!
    My raid works again

Well:

Code:
    # mdadm --create /dev/md1 --level=0 -n 4 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1 /dev/sdg1 /dev/sdh1
    [...]
    mdadm: /dev/sdg1 appears to contain an ext2fs file system
        size=-387927552K  mtime=Thu Jan  1 01:00:00 1970
    [...]
    Cancel the creation process... That means that /dev/sdg1 contains the part the most important from ext data.

Code:
    # mdadm --build -c 64 -l 0 -n 4 /dev/md0 /dev/sdg1 /dev/sdh1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1
    # mdadm --build -c 64 -l 0 -n 4 /dev/md0 /dev/sdg1 /dev/sdh1 /dev/sdf1 /dev/sde1
    [...]
    Each time, run fsck -nv /dev/md1 until a "valid fsck" ran. For me, order "/dev/sdg1 /dev/sdh1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1" was the best (my disks changed name since his creation).
    When you find an order with a good fsck, run fsck -yv /dev/md1 and wait...

Code:
    # mount /dev/md1 /media/raid
    # du -shc /media/raid/*
    2,9T	total
    It works