Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys i want to know is there any software in windows for creating complete image of hard disk containing Linux(other than WinImage). I want exact copy of hard drive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Complete Hard Disk Image

Hey guys i want to know is there any software in windows for creating complete image of hard disk containing Linux(other than WinImage). I want exact copy of hard drive no loss of data.

Please help...

Just Joined!
    Pretty easy to do with dd. Assuming the partition you want to copy is /dev/sda1:

Code:
    dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/some/location/sda1_backup.img
    Make sure /dev/sda1 is not mounted.

Just Joined!
    Hey guys i dont want to mount my partitions.. Moreover there are 4-5 partitions,therefore i need a solution which clones complete hard disk just like winimage.And the software should be a windows based software..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by pallav1234 View Post
    Hey guys i want to know is there any software in windows for creating complete image of hard disk containing Linux(other than WinImage). I want exact copy of hard drive no loss of data.
    Hello and welcome!

The best Windows app that I've used for cloning is Acronis True Image, and it can easily clone and restore ext2/ext3 partitions. I personally prefer running it from the liveCD version.
    oz