Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Nice people, I got a problem with the "make " command. I tried to install squidguard tarball. I got past the ./configure but when I typed the "make command", ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Everytime I run make command, it has error....

Hi Nice people,

I got a problem with the "make " command. I tried to install squidguard tarball. I got past the ./configure but when I typed the "make command", the following output came out:

[root@matrix squidGuard-1.2.0]# make
    making all in squidGuard-1.2.0
    make[1]: Entering directory `/root/squidGuard-1.2.0/src'
    making all in src
    gcc -I.. -I. -I. -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -c main.c
    gcc -I.. -I. -I. -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -c sgLog.c
    gcc -I.. -I. -I. -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -c sgDb.c
    sgDb.c: In function `sgDbInit':
    sgDb.c:101: warning: passing arg 2 of pointer to function from incompatible pointer type
    sgDb.c:101: warning: passing arg 4 of pointer to function makes pointer from integer without a cast
    sgDb.c:101: error: too few arguments to function
    sgDb.c:107: warning: passing arg 2 of pointer to function from incompatible pointer type
    sgDb.c:107: warning: passing arg 4 of pointer to function makes pointer from integer without a cast
    sgDb.c:107: error: too few arguments to function
    make[1]: *** [sgDb.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/squidGuard-1.2.0/src'
    make: *** [all] Error 1

I installed squid tarball before which was ok. But not for squidguard tarball. And I also tried to install middleman tarball, the make command also produced error....

Anyone have the same problem before? Please help me. Thanks in advance....

Linux User
    It could be, there were errors in configure you missed, or, it's possible the code is incorrect. To check for errors, do this
    Code:
    $ ./configure 2>configErrors
    $ less configErrors
    If the file is empty, then there was no stderror output.
    --monkey

Just Joined!

Checked by ./configure 2>configErrors, says no error....

Thanks monkey,

I did as you suggested ./configure 2>configErrors
    , then less configErrors
    the file is empty......

Linux Guru
    Well, undoubtedly, there's an error in the squidguard source. It may be possible that you're trying to install it along with an incompatible version of some library, which configure didn't detect. You should talk to the squidguard people about this, because it is undoubtedly a bug, which they ought to fix.

Just Joined!
    If you use ubuntu, this might solve the problem:
    sudo apt-get install libc6-dev