Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hmm... I see you run a 2.4 kernel... what distro and version of it are you using? In any event, I see that it's a Conexant chip. If I'm not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Hmm... I see you run a 2.4 kernel... what distro and version of it are you using?

In any event, I see that it's a Conexant chip. If I'm not completely in the dark here, I think that is the same chipset that we first tried to get running on my sister's computer (8800). If it is, then drivers are on their way, but they are far from completed yet.

I am running Slackware 10 2.4 bare-i, Are you saying that there are no drivers at this time or are you saying that there are drivers they just don't work that good or missing some functionality-in other words am I screwed?

Thanks,
    Mike

Linux Guru
    AFAIK, there are drivers for that card, but they are yet very early and don't support very much functionality. In particular, I don't think that they are advanced enough to search for channels.

Can you point me in the direction I need to go to get started or would it be better to get a hauppage card?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2