Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I have a little Hardware Related question. But the reason I post it here, and not in the Hardware Section is since Linux isn't really the issue here. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hardware: MediaStreamer

Hello all,

I have a little Hardware Related question.
    But the reason I post it here, and not in the Hardware Section is since Linux isn't really the issue here. Its just a hardware thingy.

My Linux server is dying. (Often doesnt go past UDev <thats bad>)
    But, as the server is about 5 years old I can life with that. But it came on one of the worst times. As I use my server also for my movie-system.
    It automaticly downloads movies I like (by using MovieLens) and when I come home. I just start the telly its been connected to and I'll have a beautyful 720p vieuw and perfect seround sound. Although. As the server is dying and I dont have money for a new one. I am considering of buying this: Western digital Media Speler TV HD Media Player Product Details bij MyCom
    A HD Streamer. I have understood it uses an external drive (by USB) to get its files and that is had HDMI for my telly. But, is there a way to use my 5.1 set with this? By using somekind of plug between the HDMI's?

Thanks in advance I am not that great with Hardware.
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

Just Joined!
    Check out avsforum for your answer.
    www avsforum com /avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=39