I have an existing Dell Precision 690 workstation setup to dual boot Windows XP and CentOS 5.5. These operating systems are installed on two separate drives. I have a grub menu on the Linux drive with it set as drive 1 and points to the windows boot info on drive 2.

I tried taking the linux drive and installing it in a new HP Z800 workstation to see if I could be lucky enough to get it to boot, but it didn't. Immediately after it starts to boot I get a few errors.

Here is what the system shows:

Right after this message "Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting" I get the following lines:

Unable to access resume device (LABEL=SWAP-sda2)
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Is there something I can tweak to get this to possibly boot? I'd really like to not have to reload CentOS 5.5 and the specialized software on this machine.

I do have a grub menu setup on this drive, could this by chance be my problem? The drives in the old machine are setup with Linux as drive 1, and Windows as Drive 2, and the Linux drive hosts the grub menu allowing me to boot to Linux or Windows. Could this some how be the problem?

I do know of a way around this with Windows: install a secondary HDD controller card in the machine, install the drivers, hooked up drive to controller in old machine and make sure it boots, move the drive and controller to the new machine and boot off it, load the motherboard drivers (specifically the hdd controller drivers) and then you can take out the controller card, connect the hdd directly to the motherboard and you're set. This same thing is probably accomplish able in Linux, but I'm not sure. This might be a last ditch effort to try if nothing else works.

Thanks in advance.