Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried elinks and links2 as web browsers, and I really liked them except that (at least for me) they do not seem to support any degree of graphics or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

What internet browser

I tried elinks and links2 as web browsers, and I really liked them except that (at least for me) they do not seem to support any degree of graphics or video - pretty much all I get is text. So right now I use conkeror which I liked better than konqueror, aora, midori, or firefox. Is there a web browser that is configured like elinks or links 2 but that support graphics and video, or is there a way to configure elinks or links 2 so that they support graphics/video. If not, is there a web browser that is like a mix of conkeror and elinks/links2. Or optionally, is there a web browser that you would recommend besides those I listed, Chrome, and of course explorer? Thanks in advance for your input.

Also - I know that Lynx and Links exist, but have not tried them or read too much about them - could they be what I am looking for?

Try this link

Web Browsers for Linux
    Registered Linux user #526930

No text based web browser is going to handle playing video. Links2 can run in a graphical mode and capable of displaying pictures.

Conkeror is a mozilla based browser with emacs like keybindings, right? There are a few lightweight browsers with vi-like keybindings which might suit your tastes and a few just plain barebones lightweight browsers. They're pretty much all webkit based. A couple options are

Uzbl - web interface tools which adhere to the unix philosophy.
    surf a WebKit based browser
    Vimprobable WWW browser
    https://bitbucket.org/portix/dwb/wiki/Home

Thanks for the input everyone. It looks like what I am looking for does not exist yet, that is ok - I will just use Conkeror for now since that is the closest to what I am looking for. Thanks again.