Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, so yesterday I did something really stupid, I wiped the partition table and then proceeded to format the wrong drive with ext3. As it went along I realized ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

fsck recovery

Hey guys, so yesterday I did something really stupid, I wiped the partition table and then proceeded to format the wrong drive with ext3. As it went along I realized that I had done this on the wrong drive so I Crtl-C out

I ran testdrive and found a backup superblock then let fsck go at it. It of course found a bunch of bad inodes and fixed them etc. Now I have some of my data in renamed directories under lost+found but I also have a whole bunch of files that are 6.2Gig and 2.6Gig each. Anyone know if there is anything I can do with those? The rest of my data must be in those files but I haven't a clue what to do with them.

could you please post its file type ?
    Commands-
    file large_6.2gbfile
    file large_2.6gbfile
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org