Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Linux is the best OS for many different reasons. What still boggles my mind is that the people at my school didn't use it. One kid even suggested that XP ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Linux is the best OS for many different reasons. What still boggles my mind is that the people at my school didn't use it. One kid even suggested that XP was the best OS. I've used XP and it seems to be very power and memory hungry. One expert even suggested that 256MB is not enough for XP. Another kid that I recently met told me that XP was also the best OS and that I just had to tweak it (one of the things I despise Windows is the effect after downloading a huge file. The hard drive slows down and you can't do anything for about three minutes). I asked him the max amount of hrs he left his pc on without having to reboot. He stated 3 months but I find that very hard to believe. He also said some stupid things about the bandwidth limit of RR which was so bogus that I decided he wasn't worth my time. I currently have Win2K because I grew up on Windows. I didn't touch a pc till I got into college and eversince then, I haven't been able to stop. Although Linux is the better OS, I still use Win2K from time to time. Earlier, I used it explicitly for video files but after installing mplayer, I've been using linux a lot more often for personal computer. I used to explicilty use linux for development and win2k for personal use but now that's changing.
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Newbie
    I know that it is compatable for xfs, not sure about ext3.

Linux Guru
    What do you mean? ACLs over NFS cannot just be compatible with XFS and not ext3, right? NFS doesn't depend on the host filesystem, right?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    When compiling the kernel from the gentoo sources, I noticed that NFS had been extended with support for ACL RPCs, which are not in the vanilla kernel sources. Does anyone know where to get those patches from?

Linux Engineer
    Dolda:
    Code:
    less /usr/share/doc/gentoo-sources-2.4.20-r5/patches.txt.gz

Linux Guru
    Oh... that easy? Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2