Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have downloaded a bunch of fonts that I want to be able to use in Linux Mint. They are .exe files. How can I make this happen. I'm new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fonts

I have downloaded a bunch of fonts that I want to be able to use in Linux Mint. They are .exe files. How can I make this happen. I'm new to linux and will have to go back if I can't make some of these work

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

Linux doesn't use .exe files, but maybe you can convert them into some format that will work with Linux.
    oz

Assuming it's some sort of archive, you can extract the files from the exe file and manually install them. If you tell us where you got them, we can probably take a look and see, but generally you should be able to extract using unzip, unrar, or cabextract.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fonts

Just Joined!
    They came from dafont.com but I've heard of them from other places as well. There is just one specific font from their that I can't find any where else that I really want.

Which font is it?

Just Joined!
    I believe it's called turtles, but I do want to know how to get other fonts too.

Thanks

The reason I asked was because browsing the site I couldn't find anything distributed as an exe file. They're all zipped ttf fonts.

Is this the one you're looking at? The download I'm getting is still a zip file with the ttf font inside.

Just Joined!
    Yes, that is the one. No matter the format I would like to know how to use it on my computer.

Extract the zip file and stick em in /home/$USER/.fonts. More detail is in the link I posted above. (Or for system wide /usr/share/fonts)

Just Joined!
    Thank you so much!