Hello there!

Well, I tried to search for myself, but at the moment, I can't get a good solution. Basically, I need to develop a little embedded system that registers the time, and who is entering (like a access control system), but I'll manipulate this data in various ways. My doubt isn't that process, but the system. At first, I decided to use an ARM11 board, with a small LCD display to show some info to the user. After that, for costs reason, I changed to a ARM9 board. After some tests and searches, it seems to be a very good platform. But my 'big' trouble is the biometric system. The board runs WinCE, Linux and Android. Android was descarted due to performance issues. Between Linux and WinCE, I choose Linux. For various weeks I searched for a method to do the identification via fingerprint - then I discovered the libfprint project. I prepared the system with the dependencies of the library, with a LFS running kernel 2.6.32. I successfully compiled and run the library (an old version, but that worked for me). For the first tests, I have a Digital Persona u.are.u 4000B and a APC reader. This second, at the moment, is incompatible with the library. After searched in the whole documentation of the library, I can't find a method to realize the objective of the project (the identification of users), I only can verify a fingerprint of one user, as seen in the example codes.

Can anyone help me? I really don't have much knowledgement in this area...