Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I recently did a repartition of my laptop, which is running Slackware 13.37. The backup and restore went fine, but now I'm experiencing tons and tons of errors on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

udevd errors on boot

Hello, I recently did a repartition of my laptop, which is running Slackware 13.37. The backup and restore went fine, but now I'm experiencing tons and tons of errors on boot that I'm pretty sure were not there before. They're all related to udevd, and it attempting to write to "bConfigurationValue". A sample of the errors is below, since the actual file is enormous:

Code:
    Jun 12 04:41:43 trev-slackware udevd-work[28321]: error opening ATTR{/sys/module/fscache/bConfigurationValue} for writing: No such file or directory 
    Jun 12 04:41:43 trev-slackware udevd-work[28322]: error opening ATTR{/sys/kernel/slab/fscache_cookie_jar/bConfigurationValue} for writing: No such file or directory 
    Jun 12 04:41:43 trev-slackware udevd-work[28321]: error opening ATTR{/sys/module/cifs/bConfigurationValue} for writing: No such file or directory 
    Jun 12 04:41:43 trev-slackware udevd-work[28322]: error opening ATTR{/sys/kernel/slab/cifs_inode_cache/bConfigurationValue} for writing: No such file or directory 
    Jun 12 04:41:43 trev-slackware udevd-work[28770]: error opening ATTR{/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/cifs-1/bConfigurationValue} for writing: No such file or directory 
    Jun 12 04:41:43 trev-slackware udevd-work[28769]: error opening ATTR{/sys/kernel/slab/:t-0016512/bConfigurationValue} for writing: No such file or directory
    I know very little about sysfs and how it all works, so trying to create such a file myself didn't work. It seems to be slowing down my boot significantly that all these errors are happening, but everything works perfectly fine.

Linux Guru
    How did you repartition? What were your partitions prior to and after the backup and what did you backup? The whole system?
    The errors are all the same, "No such file or directory" so probably your partition has changed? or it's looking in the wrong place for files. Probably need to post more info on exactly what you did.

Just Joined!
    Alright, my previous setup looked like this:
    Extended{Ubuntu /, Ubuntu /home, swap}, Windows 7(system), Windows 7, Slackware.

Now it looks like this:
    Extended(ACTUALLY /dev/sda2 due to issues){swap, Slackware /, Slackware /home}, Windows XP

So that means that my Slackware's root has gone from /dev/sda4 to /dev/sda6, and I already did have issues with this regarding my fstab.

As for what I backed up precisely, I copied files from Ubuntu / and /home to an external drive, but I had so many issues with Slackware's copying that I copied the entire partition via Gparted onto my external drive. I have no doubt that a reinstall would fix this, but I guess I'm lazy. There has to be just one misplaced number in a .conf file somewhere that I'm missing, right?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    bump, still happening. I suppose I could just reinstall, but I'd rather just fix this