Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, I'm in the process of donating an old computer to charity. The computer is an old Pentium 166 MHz with a 2 gig hard drive with SuSE 7.0 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Need to wipe SuSE off an old hard drive

Hi there,

I'm in the process of donating an old computer to charity. The computer is an old Pentium 166 MHz with a 2 gig hard drive with SuSE 7.0 installed. The place I'm donating it to has asked that I get rid of Linux and put Winblows back on it. I did a bit of Googling and did find a few instructions on how to delete a Linux partition on a dual-boot system, but this disk contains only Linux.

My questions are:

- Is there a way I can delete Linux without having to erase everything on the hard drive?

- Is there a simple set of instructions somewhere that I could use to achieve my goal?

Sorry for what may seem like simplistic questions on my part; I managed to install Linux on this old computer, but I never really got a chance to dig in and use it the way I had originally intended.

Thanks very much in advance for your help and patience!

Jackie

Linux Engineer
    - Is there a way I can delete Linux without having to erase everything on the hard drive?
    big time :S
    ok JackieL.To install windows you have no other choice... you have to format... did you simply try to put windows cd and let it do the formating and installation... that is the simplest way...
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Quote Originally Posted by UgoDeschamps
    big time :S
    ok JackieL.To install windows you have no other choice... you have to format... did you simply try to put windows cd and let it do the formating and installation... that is the simplest way...
    No, haven't tried that yet, but I will. That sounds like something even I could do... Thanks for your help!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    No worries!
    Post any other question regarding your issue here we'll all do our best to help out
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps