Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello guys , I have mounted fuse fs on few directories , and when i am trying to create hard link for a file , then hard link and original ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Different Inode no for hard links in Fuse FS

hello guys ,

I have mounted fuse fs on few directories , and when i am trying to create hard link for a file , then hard link
    and original file have different inode numbers.

and for the fuse fs version 2.7.3 , inodes are constantly changing everytime we are checking its inode number.

What can be problem with that , and please guys help me , how can this be removed.

Just Joined!
    I have read about "noforget" option in Fuse fs , that might repair this issue.

but could not able to find out , how "noforget" option can be selected.

if anybody knows , please reply.

First of all, I will assume that you mean inode instead of lnode ("eye-node" instead of "el-node").

Would you please elaborate on what hardlinks you are trying to set up and and which are the commands you are using. Please bear in mind that it is impossible to setup hardlinks across different filesystems.

According to my reading of Filesystem in Userspace | Release notes for Filesystem in Userspace at SourceForge.net, the noforget option is not something which has to do with changing inode numbers. Unfourtunately, I've never used FUSE too seriously myself, so I can't tell you much on that topic, and the Internet is rather silent when I ask it.

You may want to try this mailing list https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fuse-devel to ask your question there. The archives for it seem to be here: SourceForge.net: Filesystem in Userspace: fuse-devel.
    Last edited by unlimitedscolobb; 08-18-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Elaborate on inode vs. lnode.

Just Joined!
    Thanks unlimitedscolobb.

I am just creating hard links through command "ln <filename1> <filename2>" and
    filename1 is available in same directory , means it is on same filesystem.

Quote Originally Posted by linux_gee View Post
    Thanks unlimitedscolobb.

I am just creating hard links through command "ln <filename1> <filename2>" and
    filename1 is available in same directory , means it is on same filesystem.
    I see.

On which FUSE filesystem are you trying to create the hardlinks? Again, I am not all an expert with FUSE, but, basing on [tahoe-dev] Does fuse supports hard links ? and Issue 46 - s3fs - Does s3fs support hard links? - FUSE-based file system backed by Amazon S3 - Google Project Hosting (which are two questions similar to yours asked about two different FUSE filesystems), support for hardlinks may be filesystem-specific.
    Last edited by unlimitedscolobb; 08-19-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Italicise the "may".