Find the answer to your Linux question:
The answer to this question when posted previously was to simply Alt+Tab to cycle through. The thread was closed and "solved". In what world? True Alt+Tab will cycle you through ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

in ubuntu 11.04 applications disappear once minimized

The answer to this question when posted previously was to simply Alt+Tab to cycle through. The thread was closed and "solved".

In what world?

True Alt+Tab will cycle you through applications, but that does not "solve" the issue. I am having this issue myself, and wouldn't at all mind knowing how to fix it. It seems to have started when gnome was upgraded, but it could have been when firefox upgraded.

Any help would be appreciated.

In 11.04 Unity when you minimize a window it is minimized to the Launcher on the left of the screen. The number of open windows is indicated by small white pointers to the left of the program's icon. Minimized windows can be reactivated by clicking on the icon. If you do not already have a live window open you may need to click twice.

Just Joined!

Mint

Perhaps I should be more clear. I am running Linux Mint Katya, which of course is based on Ubuntu but is not ubuntu on the surface.

My apologies for not making that clear. As it happens, there is not launcher on the left of the mint screen.

Check this thread from the Mint Forum: Linux Mint Forums
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Thanks Jay, that took care of it.